Nontraditional Ministry Education Scholarships
Funds are provided by Virginia Baptists for ministerial and lay leaders from cooperating churches of the BGAV in accessing training and continuing education opportunities provided by the BGAV and BGAV ministry partners.
- Status: Open!
- Award Range: 1/3 course cost
- Ministers and lay leaders
- Part-time students
- Enrolled through the Virginia Baptist Mission Board, Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond, the John Leland Center for Theological Studies, Bluefield College, Clear Creek Baptist Bible
College(Kentucky), or Virginia Intermont College.
- General Information
- Academic Level: Nondegree (studying in a nondegree program with an emphasis in continuing education for ministry
in a local church)
- Repayment: These funds are to be considered as grants and have no expectation of being repaid.
- Deadline: Applications must be submitted each semester.
- Scholarship applications are due into the BGAV Scholarship Office by the first day of the month in which the term you are taking begins.
If you are applying for aid for the Children’s Ministry Certification or the Youth Ministry Certification, all spring BGAV Nontraditional Ministry Education Scholarship applications are due in by February 1 of the given year. All fall applications are due in by September 1 of the given year.
Through the vision and stewardship of faithful Virginia Baptists, the Baptist General Association of Virginia has offered scholarships to deserving recipients for many years. Through Cooperative Missions gifts of Virginia Baptists around the state, students are able to receive scholarships to assist in their education.
The Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) is committed to the development of emerging leaders of all ages for advancing the Redeemer’s Kingdom. To that end, the BGAV is committed to financially aiding emerging leaders in their educational development.
BGAV Nontraditional Ministry Education Scholarships are given each year by the BGAV Scholarships and Ministerial Education Funds Committee to Virginia Baptist students who meet all established requirements. Through these means, a
continuing relationship between the applicant and the Baptist General Association of Virginia will develop.
BGAV Nontraditional Ministry Education Scholarships assist BGAV church leaders in accessing training and continuing education opportunities provided by BGAV ministry partners and the Virginia Baptist Mission Board (VBMB).
These scholarships are intended to assist nontraditional students, who are defined as: part-time students who are in nondegree programs of study with an emphasis in continuing education for ministry in the local church.
Clergy and lay leaders who have a financial need and are active members of a cooperating church of the BGAV may apply for a scholarship for up to one-third the cost of an educational offering sponsored by a ministry partner.
Currently, ministry partners are:
Please Note: If for some reason you are unable to complete the Online Application Form
you may download:
Qualifying applicants are encouraged to apply annually.
If you have any questions or concerns,
please contact Alicia Parker.